Monday, March 2, 2009

Day One : Why....

There are many contradictory things that I have encountered in my short life as an Art Schooler. Art is one field where there is no right or wrong, and you can be sooooo wrong at the same time. You are encouraged to think creatively and abstractly, thus the courses have no content. One required course here is called CFC (concept form and context), and depending on the teacher you get you could literally have a one word assignemnt. For me CFC is a place to be assigned work, or waste time because its impossible to get anything done while the rest of the class is wating time. I agree there is a fine line between too much guidance, and not enough, but in my opinion the school needs to come to a consensus on how they are going to teach, or at least give you enough info to choose for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your goddamn right to free speech.